Battlefield™ 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise. In a near-future world transformed by disorder, adapt and overcome dynamically-changing battlegrounds with the help of your squad and a cutting-edge arsenal. With support for 128 players, Battlefield™ 2042 brings unprecedented scale on vast environments across the globe. Players will take on several massive experiences, from updated multiplayer modes like Conquest and Breakthrough to the all-new Hazard Zone.
EA DICE Senior Game Designer Nickole Li shares the reason with media outlet Inverse in a recent interview.
Li revealed that they are doing their own type of mode that is somewhat similar to the popular battle-royale game mode. DICE calls it the Hazard Zone, which is an intense high-stakes, squad-based mode with a different twist to it. As Li tells it, “While not a Battle Royale, it scratches a similar itch.”
Unfortunately, Li did not share more details on how Hazard Zone works, but he did say that fans should “keep an eye out for that one.” If it is somewhat similar to battle royale, expect to see some similarities with some twists on the mechanics. I have a feeling the tornadoes from the trailer are involved.
Li also mentioned that there is a battle pass this time around for the game with the free tier and premium battle pass. This will offer new content to the game, which DICE wanted to do and this could include new guns, gadgets, and other items. He also confirmed that the equipment will affect gameplay.
It is an exciting time for Battlefield fans especially for those who love multiplayer since this time around, it will not offer a single player experience.
– A World Transformed by Disorder – Fight to define the future in this never-before-seen theater of war.
– 128 Simultaneous Players – Feel the intensity of taking part in massive-scale battles where anything can happen.
– Vast and Dynamic Environments – Get an even greater sense of spectacular, large-scale war on seven massive maps.
– Unleash your combat creativity through a full roster of cutting-edge weapons, vehicles, jets, helis, and all-new equipment inspired by the near-future of 2042.
– Choose your role on the battlefield and form hand-tailored squads through the new Specialist system.
– You and the community will progress in Battlefield™ 2042 through a Season system, which will continuously bring fresh updates to the game.
|Product Name||Battlefield 2042|
|Developer||DICE, EA Gothenburg, Criterion Software|